I’ve been looking for different recipes for quick, healthy snacks to eat throughout the day. After being diagnosed with acid reflux, I was told by my doctor that I needed to eat more often throughout the day. So, I decided to try to make my attempts at eating more often healthy. To date, I’ve made a few variations of granola to mix in with my yogurt daily. Here is the recipe:
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup oil (canola or vegetable)
4 cups old fashioned oats
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees
2. Combine brown sugar, honey and oil in a small pan over heat.
3. Cook, stirring often until the sugar is dissolved.
4. In a bowl, pour mixture over oats then add cinnamon, salt and vanilla extract. Stir until oats are evenly coated.
5. Spread granola mixture over cookie sheet (sprayed with Pam) and press mixture down flat.
6. Place in oven and bake for 1 hour, flipping every 20 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
8. Store in zip-lock bags to be easily accessible.